Wait – what? I was mentioned in one of these? Holy Mac and Cheese! Totally made my night! I was getting ready to talk about my newest game obsession, but instead, let’s do this (I’ll post in a couple of days. Or maybe tomorrow. We’ll see how time works out.)
First off, thank you FalconReviewsBlog! (Was going to use Username, but I was unsure how comfortable you were with that. So name of blog it is!) I just- wow. First off, if anyone wants to talk games, this person is a blast. I actually have an article I am saving up based off a discussion we had. (Saved up because I might be using it on a gaming site that may be in the works. You didn’t hear it from me though… yet….) But honestly, so much fun. Is on social media and reacts and is just overall all sorts of awesome. And comments. And replies. And responds. Seriously, awesome person with an awesome blog. (And apparently I haven’t been following, but I always go and check out when we talk. I fail. But I fixed that once I realized it. *thumbs up*)
And because I am one for rules, I do them in order.
I know. “Really?” Yes, really.
Tadah! Isn’t it beautiful?
Anyway… what’s next…
Back to the Beginning: An Origin Story
(I will not be offended if you skip and jump to Advice or 5 Cool People AKA 5 Awesome Bloggers)
So, how my blog came about and why it still happens is actually kind of funny. I knew I wanted to blog. I wanted to write about things and just get it out there for the fun of it. I had a CollegeMomsAreHere at one point (because I do take college classes, working on my Bachelors, got my Associates) and thought I could talk about it and anything on my mind. It died quickly. I think I have a “mom” blog, but I just couldn’t – Anyway.
I also have one for couponing, but realized it worked better as a “Learn to Coupon” site type of deal. So nix. My other blog that actually still lives and will be added to more once I start working out again is my StrugglingThroughToFitness. But through all of these, I noticed one thing: I talked mostly about Gaming. Or tying it in. So I started writing about it and kept up with with and the fitness one. And then the fitness one started dying.
But gaming – I am sorry, you can’t stop me from it. There is so much about it that just makes my life that much better. I can game with my husband and my daughter. It helps keep my mind up and helps me relax, and is a good common ground to talk to other people. And apparently I can be entertaining when I am ME and doing what I love to do. And then I found myself still updating this blog even when my other one was just BOOMING – because this is where my passion lies. And honestly, I have made a few friends through here. (Some will be mentioned soon. I’m getting there.)
And when all else failed, I was still here. Talking and enjoying about things I love. And it wasn’t about followers, or likes, or anything really. But a couple interactions here and there and I get to talk about things I like – Yeah, I could get used to it. ;P Even when there are slumps, picking it back up is almost like second nature. So now GamingGirl lives.
But most of all, I get to talk to some pretty awesome people. And interact.
Enough about me though. Golly that must have been boring to read!
Advice to Other Bloggers
Oh goodness, I have to give advice? I wasn’t sure if I’d be good at this, but here it goes!
- Make sure you talk about something you like. Seriously. Or at least be able to talk about it with some sort of passion. If you think it is boring you generally write ‘boring.’
- Be yourself. Look, I am wordy and boring and sometimes just talk about the most RANDOM things. But it works for me. I have an energy that comes through with my writing. Cool beans right? Yeah, it can work.
- Don’t be afraid about being ‘nerdy.’ Look, what you write won’t be for everyone, but those who find it and like it will appreciate it.
- Mostly – write for you. Don’t write for likes or subscribers. Updates are nice though (working on that) but they aren’t everything. People forgive you: I mean, look at the people who read MY BLOG. I have dry spells. Life happens. We understand.
- HolesInMySocks: This guy is hilarious. And nice. And seems like a really cool dad with good advice and perceptions. I honestly look forward to when he posts. And he’s one of the first people I REALLY started talking to here on my site. We talk games and the effect it has had on us and our lives. Dude is cool. End of story.
- Falcon509: I know, they recommended me and honestly high on my list. I already told my story – but cool person to talk with! So worth the read. Apparently I need to catch up on No Man Sky stuff (I started it, husband working on it) and want to see opinion. Will happen. Promise.
- 1001Up: They have cool perspectives. I find myself agreeing with Kim a lot, but mostly, it is just people having fun, and talking about gaming. Tis what inspired me to try to start a YouTube Channel (I will make a video this week. I swear.)
- Errr… it says 5, but these are the main ones I read. I subscribe to others but I rush through and don’t read. I promise I will fix this list at a later time. I swear it.
You folks that have been tapped, you have the opportunity to recognize another blogger. Just follow the rules below! (You know, besides Falcon509 because… well, you DID this already.)
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Attach the award to the post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Select 5 other bloggers you want to give the award to.